WAUSAU (WAOW) — Construction is set to begin on a major road project in Wausau.
Construction on Townline Road from Grand Avenue to Easthill Drive will impact commuters through most of the summer.
An informational meeting is scheduled for Monday, May 20 from 3:30 – 5:30 p.m. at Wausau City Hall.
The meeting will let people know the schedule of the project and how traffic will be impacted.
Improvements of a “reconstruction” alternative along Townline Road will include:
- Pavement reconstruction including pavement widening at select locations to accommodate travel lanes, bike lanes, and parking
- Curb and gutter replacement and extension east of 13th Street
- Select sidewalk replacements and additions
- Storm sewer reconstruction where warranted and extension east of 13th Street
- Municipal sanitary and water improvements including service connections
- Railroad crossing reconstruction with new signals and gates
- Realignment of Curling Way to improve the intersection with Townline Road