(WAOW)— Wisconsin has set a new record in daily COVID-19 cases, breaking a record set the day before.
On Thursday, the state reported 3,747 new cases. On Friday, it reported 3,861. The state also reported 10,725 new negative tests.
The state also reported 135 new hospitalizations. Including all patients, both COVID-19 and non-COVID-19 patients, 84.8 percent of Wisconsin hospital beds are in use and 86.4 percent of ICU beds. A record 1,043 COVID-19 patients are being treated in Wisconsin hospitals.
21 new deaths related to coronavirus were reported, raising the total killed by the virus in the state to 1,574 (0.9 percent of positive cases).
Several North central Wisconsin counties have reported new deaths:
- Marathon County reports one new death
- Clark County reports two new deaths
- Price County reports its first death since the coronavirus pandemic began
- Shawano County reports one new death
- Langlade County reports one new death
Of all positive cases reported since the pandemic began, 130,231 or 78.4 percent, are considered recovered.