MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. (KSTP) — A 5-year-old boy who was thrown from a third-floor balcony at Mall of America is out of intensive care.
In an update on their GoFundMe page Thursday, the family of the victim, identified only as Landen, said the boy was moved to an inpatient, physical rehabilitation program at another hospital to help him in the next phase of his recovery.
He was thrown nearly 40 feet to the ground by Emmanuel Aranda, who was sentenced to 19 years in prison last month for attempted first-degree murder.
The GoFundMe raised over $1 million for the family with donations from nearly 29,000 people.
In part of the statement on the GoFundMe page, the boy’s parents said, “There is hard work ahead! And, our beautiful boy has endured much already, but he is strong and his spirit remains vibrant. We continue to be eternally grateful for every prayer, every act of kindness and the love this world has show us throughout this journey. Thank You.”