Skip to Content

Swan dies of lead poisoning at Raptor Rehab

ANTIGO (WAOW) — A trumpeter swan has died after suffering from led poisoning, according to the Raptor Education Group in Antigo.

Rehabilitators there say the male swan had 39 lead pellets in his digestive system and died due to “human ignorance.”

In a Facebook post, REGI said there are alternatives for ammunition for hunting and fishing.

“We lost the battle of the life of our sweet swan, but let’s keep him in mind as we continue to educate for lead alternative ammunition and fishing gear. It is people that will make the difference. Keep in mind this is not an anti-hunting platform but instead a change to non-toxic ammunition and fishing products,” the post said.

For more information, click here.

cambrosius

Skip to content