Skip to Content

The Latest: Police say teen admits he killed elderly couple

GRAND CHUTE, Wis. (AP) — The Latest on the arrest of a 17-year-old boy in the deaths of an elderly Wisconsin couple (all times local):

11:15 a.m.

Police say a 17-year-old boy has admitted he fatally shot an elderly couple he knew in eastern Wisconsin and that he was planning an attack at his high school.

Grand Chute police officer Travis Waas told the Associated Press Monday that police responding to a 911 call for assistance found the bodies of the couple in their home in Grand Chute about 11:30 a.m. Sunday. Waas declined to release details of the call.

Police say Alexander M. Krause, of Neenah, was arrested at the house. Waas says Krause acknowledged shooting the two and that he had a plan to cause harm at Neenah High School, where he is a junior. Police and school officials haven’t disclosed the nature of those plans.

Krause is being held in the Outagamie County Jail on possible charges of first-degree intentional homicide.

GRAND CHUTE, Wis. (WBAY) — A 17-year-old man being held for the killings of two people in Grand Chute also had a plan to cause harm at Neenah High School, according to the Neenah Joint School District.

The district released this statement Monday morning following the arrest of Alexander Kraus:

“Grand Chute police informed the Neenah Joint School District that the student arrested on two counts of first degree intentional homicide on Sunday also had a plan to cause harm at Neenah High School. Police have indicated that there is no danger to students and staff at the high school and the school day on Monday will proceed as normal. Additional counselors are available to students and there is an extra police presence as an additional precaution. We are appreciative of the work of our local law enforcement and this is another reminder for all of us to remain vigilant in keeping each other safe.”

Alexander Kraus, a junior at Neenah High School, was arrested Sunday after two people were found dead inside a home in the town of Grand Chute.

At about 11:37 a.m., the Grand Chute Police Department did a welfare check at a home on W. Edgewood Drive and discovered the bodies.

Police arrested Kraus at the house in Grand Chute. Authorities have not identified the victims, but say Kraus knew them.

“This is a terrible situation, lives were lost. We want to make sure they have time to make notifications to immediate loved ones, but some that are a little bit farther away,” says Officer Travis Waas, Grand Chute Police Dept.

Kraus is facing two counts of 1st-degree intentional homicide. He is being held in the Outagamie County Jail and is expected to make his first court appearance either Monday or Tuesday.

Online jail records show Kraus was booked into jail at 4:32 p.m. Sunday.

Police continue to gather evidence.

“Other search warrants were expected to be completed, If they haven’t been completed, then they’d be completed this morning. Basically just searching electronics, laptops cell phones that would belong to the suspect,” says Officer Waas.

Author Profile Photo


Skip to content